To our Chiropractic Family,
Wanted to provide you all with an update on the Corona and what we are doing at the office. My previous post can be found here:
More frequent updates on our Facebook Page here:
In an effort to keep things open and safe at the office we have started a few new practices:
- We are making an effort to have 1 in 1 out so no one feels uncomfortable in the waiting areas.
- We just ask if you know you are arriving very early for your appointment to just call and let us know so we don’t make you wait inside longer than necessary.
- With that said, we understand that if you are sick or feeling ill, we encourage you to stay home. Though we know getting adjusted is one of best things you can do for cold/flu, the elevated circumstances prohibit travel and public exposure.
- For those that can not make it in to the office as a result of Corona or its concerns I am working on being available via phone or FaceTime to offer advice…Haven’t perfected the phone adjustment just yet!
- If you feel you are at high risk or otherwise concerned about public exposure we will also reserve an hour before our normal hours for you, just call ahead and ask for this specifically or just ask for an otherwise low traffic time
- Lastly, if you have been let go or otherwise concerned financially please contact me directly and we will make sure finance is not the reason you cant make your appointment: email@example.com
Here is an overview on the steps we are taking:
CLEANING: While our office is cleaned readily, we have already increased efforts to sanitize and disinfect key, high-trafficked areas, including the tables, check-in computers, tools, kids areas, door knobs, handles, and the bathrooms.
KIDS AREAS: Your children will notice a couple of differences when they come in. Our kid’s area now only has a few easily cleanable toys.
We still believe by getting adjusted regularly and removing nerve interference, it enhances and optimizes your immune system to have a better chance of fighting any virus/flu and heal itself faster. Below are some studies from the smart guys with pocket protectors and bow ties (hey wait I wear bow ties 😉 ) about Chiropractic and the Immune system.
Long story short, I will continue to be here going forward unless I feel ill in which case I’ll be open 2 days later once it’s gone. I am and will continue to be here to help people stay well or get well.
CORONA FACTS TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE AND HEALTHY!
1. Corona has been around for a long time. This strain/variant of it may be new but the corona virus is in the same family as SARS.
2. Corona can not thrive where Vitamin C lives. So give the kiddos vitamin C chews daily. Adults need 1000-2000 mg a day. Vitamin D3 is the firepower that fuels your immune system-consider 5000 IUs/ day for adults and 2000 IUs for children. (Please consult your physician if taking medications and we have all these available in office)
3. Elderberry daily helps as well.
4. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water vigorously (seriously wash your mitts) and don’t touch your face.
5. Corona affects people with compromised immune systems the most.
6. Masks do not stop it!
7. We heal from the inside out and make sure you are eating healthy as possible with low or no sugar. One snickers bar drops your immune system around 75%.
8. Get your nervous system checked! It controls your whole body and immune system! A chiropractic adjustment can boost your immune system 200%!
Here are a couple excerpts and references to studies on Chiropractic and the Immune System you can copy and paste into google the references for more information:
In the midst of the Spanish Flu epidemic, the health care community discovered that the death rate of chiropractic patients was radically lower than that of non-chiropractic patients! In fact, it was chiropractic’s success in caring for Spanish Flu victims that led to the profession’s licensure in many states.
During that 1918 flu, researchers in Davenport, Iowa found that out of the 93,590 patients treated by medical doctors, there were 6,116 deaths — a loss of one patient out of every 15. Chiropractors at the Palmer School of Chiropractic adjusted 1,635 cases, with only one death. Outside Davenport, chiropractors in Iowa cared for 4,735 cases with only six deaths — one out of 866. During the same epidemic, in Oklahoma, out of 3,490 flu patients under chiropractic care, there were only seven deaths. Furthermore, chiropractors were called in 233 cases given up as lost after medical treatment and reportedly saved all but 25. In another report covering 4,193 cases by 213 chiropractors, 4,104 showed complete recovery.3,4,5 These results are part of the proven, critical link between the body’s central nervous system and the immune system.
Dr. Pero measured the immune systems of people under chiropractic care as compared to those in the general population and those with cancer and other serious diseases. His initial three-year study was of 107 individuals who had been under chiropractic care for five years or more. The chiropractic patients were found to have a 200% greater immune competence than those people who had not received chiropractic care, and they had 400% greater immune competence than those people with cancer and other serious diseases. The immune system’s superiority of those under chiropractic care did not appear to diminish with age. Dr. Pero stated: “When applied in a clinical framework, I have never seen a group other than this chiropractic group to experience a 200% increase over the normal patients. This is why it is so dramatically important. We have never seen such a positive improvement in a group.”8
- Korr IM: “Andrew Taylor Still memorial lecture: Research and Practice – a century later.” J Am Osteopathy Assoc 1974 73:362.
- Murray DR, Irwin M, Reardon CA, et al. “Sympathetic and immune interactions during dynamic exercise. Mediation via a beta 2 – adrenergic-dependent mechanism.” Circulation 1992 86(1): 203
- Riley, G.W. Osteopathic Success in the Treatment of Influenza and Pneumonia. American Osteopathic Association – Chicago Session. July 1919. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, August 1919.
- Riley, G.W. Osteopathic Success in the Treatment of Influenza and Pneumonia. American Osteopathic Association – Chicago Session. July 1919. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, August 1919. Special Reprint Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, Vol. 100. No. 5, May 2000.
- Noll, DR., Shores, JH., Gamber, RG. Benefits of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment for Hospitalized Elderly Patients with Pneumonia. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. Vol. 100. No. 12. December 2000.
- Y. Takeda & S. Arai : Relationship Between Vertebral Deformities And Allergic Diseases . The Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery. 2004 Volume 2 Number 1
- Felton DL, Felton SY, Belonged DL, et al. “Noradrenergic sympathetic neural interactions with the immune system: structure and function.” Immunol Rev. 1987 Dec;100:225-60.
- Pero R. “Medical Researcher Excited By CBSRF Project Results.” The Chiropractic Journal, August 1989; 32.
- Brennan P, Graham M, Triano J, Hondras M. “Enhanced phagocytic cell respiratory bursts induced by spinal manipulation: Potential Role of Substance P.” J Manip Physiolog Ther 1991; (14)7:399-400.
- Selano JL, Hightower BC, Pfleger B, Feeley-Collins K, Grostic JD. “The Effects of Specific Upper Cervical Adjustments on the CD4 Counts of HIV Positive Patients.” The Chiro Research Journal; 3(1); 1994.